Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fun in the Sun

Keeping up with Mommy...

Mommy has been keeping me busy this past week.  We've been doing a lot of shopping and spending a lot of time at Target lately.  I've also accompanied Mommy to the dentist and to physical therapy of course.  Everywhere I go...all Mommy hears about is how CUTE and HAPPY and WELL BEHAVED her baby is.  And of course they're right...I am cute, happy and well behaved! 



I can keep up with Mommy...but I love to relax at home with a bottle of milk.

 Fun in the Sun....Pool Side!

The best thing about summer...besides lots of time with Mommy and sleeping in...is spending time splashing in the pool.  This week I had my first dip in a non-heated pool.  Mommy and me joined Logan and his mommy Shannon at their community pool.  Mommy wasn't sure how I would like the cold water but I showed her that cold water and warm water are all the same to me...I'm a little fish!  I showed Logan how I like to splash the water with my hands and how I go underwater for a few seconds.  I also showed him how I'm not into backfloating these days!  After playing in the pool, we went back to Logan's house to hangout.  Mommy gave me a bottle while Logan was eating his dinner and I passed out on the armchair.  Mommy had to wake me up to put me in the carseat and bring me home but I fell asleep quickly when I got home and was out for the night!

Hanging out with my buddy Logan.

Early bedtime...but Logan still wants to play.

After going to the pool with Logan and his mommy...Mommy decided I needed some new hats because my watermelon hat is just too big on my head.  Mommy and I went to Target and found two hats...a yellow one to match my yellow bathing suit and a pink and white polka dot hat to match all of my pink bathing suits.  Mommy also picked out a float for me to sit in when I get tired of swimming.  Mommy says we will need it for the lake later in the summer.  After shopping in the morning, me and Mommy drove to Julia's house for a swimming pool baby playdate in her backyard.  I wore my new polka dot hat and it worked much better!  The mommies forgot to get a picture of the babies in the pool but we took a few after swimming pictures!


Sunscreen - check!  Sunhat - check!  Ready for the water - check!
Violet and one of her boyfriends, Jeremy.

Poor Jeremy...surrounded by girls!
From left to right: Violet, Jeremy, Julia




Mommy & Daddy's Night Away

On Friday, Saba and Savta came to my house again.  They were waiting for me and Mommy when we got home from our pool playdate.  We had a big storm during the night with lots of rain and heavy winds and lots of people lost their power.  Luckily we didn't lose our power because Saba and Savta were babysitting for me on Saturday night for the first time overnight while Mommy and Daddy were at Karen and Nic's wedding in Leesburg, Virginia.  Mommy and Daddy weren't nervous because they knew I was in good hands with Saba and Savta.  Throughout the night, Mommy emailed back and forth with Saba to check on me and then Mommy called Savta around midnight before she went to bed.  Mommy and Daddy got home around noon on Sunday and I was excited to see them!  We said goodbye to Saba and Savta because they needed to head back to New Jersey.

I helped Mommy and Savta take apart the centerpiece from
Karen & Nic's wedding and put the pretty flowers in vases.

Hanging out with Saba...and playing with my balloon.



Hooray for 8 Months Old!!!


Happy 8 months to me!

Can you believe that I'm already eight months old!  In the past week since my last update, I've been showing a lot of interest in being mobile.  I'm starting to rock back and forth when I'm sitting and when I see something I want (usually Mommy's cellphone, camera or the Fios remote) I lean forward until I flop on to my tummy.  I'm going to be on the move soon!  Mommy put Daddy in charge of babypoofing our house so he has a big job to do before I start getting around on my own!


Bonding with my Daddy.


Playing in my Pink Pool

It's no secret that Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia are the humidity capitols of the United States so 95 degrees feels more like 105 some days.  I try to keep cool by relaxing in my pink baby pool.  I don't even mind that those hose water makes my pool freezing!  Actually I'm sort of fascinated by the hose these days.  I like the way it makes the water bubble! 



Lounging around in my pool in my new yellow hat.

Playing with my O Ball in my baby pool out on the front lawn.




I'm serious Daddy...nobody gets in this pool but ME!

Sweet Sleep

Mommy and Daddy are pretty relaxed when it comes to taking care of me.  I don't have a strict schedule at all...I eat when I'm hungry, sleep when I'm sleepy and I'm happy most of the time.  Sometimes when Mommy think I am tired she will put me in my crib to take a nap.  I'm more interested in the bears on my mobile when I'm in my crib.  I take better naps on Mommy's bed or in my carseat or on my playmat.




Awake and happy...
...5 minutes later


Happy 4th of July

Today was a fun Fritz family day because Daddy had off from work in honor of America's Independence Day!  I played with Daddy in the morning while Mommy slept in and then I played with Mommy while Daddy went to the store to get some groceries.  In the afternoon, after my nap, we joined our neighbors for a 4th of July block party celebration.  There was a lot of delicious food...well Mommy and Daddy thought so.  I had carrots and pears with rice cereal and some blueberry puffs.  Everyone wanted to hold me and play with me.  I helped Mommy hold a sparkler and I got a pink glow in the dark bracelet from the bigger kids.  When it got dark, Mommy and Daddy took me up to the circle to watch the fireworks.  I liked them at first but then I quickly became cranky.  At first Mommy thought I was afraid of the noise but when we got home she realized I was really just hungry and ready for bed after an exhuasting neighborhood shindig!  Of course I attended the block party in true fashinonista style with an outfit change mid-way through. 
Happy 4th of July everyone!



Napping before the party.

Ready to celebrate!


Mommy's Little American Star!



Daddy's Firecracker!



 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Violet. Your Independence Day outfits are fabulous. But you need to learn the words to that song on your mobile. It's telling you to GO TO SLEEP!

    ReplyDelete