Friday, January 27, 2012

A Visit from Saba and Savta

Spending time with Saba and Savta... 

This week my Saba and Savta drove down from New Jersey to visit me, Mommy and Daddy for a few days.  They came on Tuesday afternoon...just in time for Savta to babysit for me while Daddy was at the Capitals game and Mommy was at her Rebels hockey game.  Saba went with Mommy to watch her game and Savta stayed with me.  We had a lot of fun playing together with my favorite toys.  I made lots of smiles at Savta and did a lot of talking to her too.  When Mommy got home...I was already sound asleep in my crib.  On Wednesday, my photographer Nic and my friend Karen came over for dinner.  Nic brought his camera (of course!) and took a few pictures of me.  I wasn't really in the mood to smile for the camera...but Nic did manage to get a nice picture of Saba holding me!   

Here I am with my Saba holding me. 
Saba doesn't usually hold babies until they are six months old....but I'm so cute that he couldn't resist!

Here I am with my film crew...from INOVA
Now that I am sleeping between 9-12 hours every night...Mommy is getting much more sleep!  On Thursday morning we had to wake up early to get ready for our filming session at INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital and Mommy was counting on my to wake her up in the morning...but I decided to sleep a little extra and we all overslept.  We were almost late for our filming session but we managed to get ready pretty quickly and be out the door in record time!  We hit a little bit of traffic but we do live in Northern Virginia so that's sort of a given!  You're probably wondering what we were filming.  Well...INOVA Fair Oaks is creating a new virtual maternity tour for their website for future Mommy's and Daddy's that can't make it to the hospital for a live tour.  Mommy and Daddy signed us on to be the family featured in the new virtual tour video.  So...at less than three months, I get to star in my first video with Mommy and Daddy as supporting cast members.  Saba and Savta also have minor roles We started filming around 9:30 and filmed until 1:30.  I was so good the whole time.  I barely cried at all!  Everyone at the hospital thought I was so cute....especially the nurses and lactation specialist.  They kept telling Mommy and Daddy "Baby Violet is so cute!"  Before it was time to go home...Mommy got a picture of me with my film crew.  The video should be ready in about a month. Mommy will post a link so that all of my fans can watch my video debut...so stay tuned!  When we got home...I was tuckered out so I stayed home with Saba and Daddy while Mommy and Savta went shopping at the Baby Gap for me.  When Mommy and Savta got home, my friend Logan came over with his Mommy Shannon for a short visit.  He was dressed in such a cute outfit with a monkey onesie and a matching hoodie sweatshirt.  Mommy and Savta thought he looked so cute!  Mommy and Shannon decided to take their weekly pictures of me and Logan together...but while they were taking pictures I started doing some funny things to Logan...so they decided to get us on video. 
  
Me cuddling with Logan


Watch me and Logan in our first video together.


Mommy and me both love polka dots!
Savta bought me new glittery purple ballet flats from the Baby Gap!


On Friday...it was time for Savta and Saba to head back to New Jersey.  Mommy and Savta did a little more shopping the morning and I hung out with Saba in the car.  When they left...Mommy was feeling sad and suffering a let down so she decided to cuddle with me for a nap and wait for Daddy to get home from work.  We had a nice time with Saba and Savta and wish we lived closer to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment